DESCRIPTION OF COURSE
COURSE OUTLINESCHEDULE REGISTRATION CONTACT US
IPC 7711/21, Rework, Modification, and Repair of Electronic Assemblies, is a widely used standard that offers a wealth of industry-approved techniques on through-hole and surface-mount technology (SMT) rework as well as land, conductor, and laminate repair. It covers procedural requirements, tools, materials, and methods for removing and replacing conformal coatings, surfact-mount, and through-hole components. The standard also includes procedures for repairing and modifying boards and assemblies.
Certification in this program gives you the skills you need to restore operation of expensive electronic assemblies, which can reduce the costs and waste associated with scrapping flawed boards and assemblies. The IPC 7711/21 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) course provides individuals with a portable credential that represents their understanding of the IPC 7711/21.
It is recommended that students have a few years of hand soldering experience.
Training can take place at your location, at a BEST training center location or in the BEST mobile training center.
- Identify the differences between target and acceptability quality for Class 3 products
- Demonstrate Through-Hole, J-Lead, Gull-Wing, Fine Pitch, and Chip Component rework and replacement proficiently
- Perform conformal coating removal, laminate repair, pad and trace repair, and place/mount modification wire
- Proficiently conduct IPC 7711 & 7721 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) courses
- Earn a score of 80% or better on BOTH the open and closed book IPC written examinations in order for certification
After an individual has been certified as an instructor, the instructor's training site will require additional material not included with the training:
Through-Hole Chip & MELF SOT & SOIC
- 1/4 Watt Resistor - 1206 Resistor - SOT 23
- DO-35 Diode - 1206 MELF - SOIC 14
- T0 5 Transistor - 0603 Resistor
- 0402 Resistor
QFP D-PAK J-LEAD
- QFP 44 - D-PAK - PLCC 44
- LQFP 100