IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) Course
IPC J-STD-001, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, has emerged as the preeminent authority for electronics assembly manufacturing worldwide. The standard describes materials, methods, and verifcation criteria for producing high-quality soldered leaded and lead-free interconnections. It emphasizes process control and establishes industry-consensus requirements for a broad range of electrical connections.
Completion of the IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) Course leads to the issuance of an IPC certificate. The training course uses lecture, practical application, and written examinations to teach the standard criteria. The course consists of 5 modules, each of which covers specific technology areas. Please view the modules under the course outline.
- Demonstrate lab soldering that meets the minimum requirements of the IPC J-STD-001
- Be able to reference the IPC J-STD-001 standard
- Earn an overall score of 70% or better on the IPC written examinations in order for certification.
- IPC J-STD-001 specification
- IPC certifcate of completion