IPC J-STD-001 GS Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) Space Application Course
IPC J-STD-001, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, has emerged as the preeminent authority for electronics assembly manufacturing worldwide. The standard describes materials, methods, and verification criteria for producing high-quality soldered leaded and lead-free interconnections. It emphasizes process control and establishes industry-consensus requirements for a broad range of electrical connections.
Certification prepares individuals to deliver Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) training and helps enhace employee skill and performance. Additionally, you can use the certification program to address the standard's training requirement. The IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) course provides individuals with a portable credentail that recognizes their soldering skills and understanding of this internationally recognized standard.
The IPC J-STD-001 GS training combines the Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies along with various elements to meet the standards required of NASA suppliers. Suppliers to NASA are required to have workers trained and certified to this IPC J-STD-001 GS course for Specialist (CIS) level training.
The IPC J-STD-001 GS Course can be added as an optional Module 6 to the IPC J-STD-001 Training & Certification Program. It provides additional requirements over those published in the IPC J-STD-001G to ensure the reliability of soldered electrical and electronic assemblies that must survive the vibration and thermal cyclic environments experiences while traveling and operating in space.
* All attendees must be certified to the IPC J-STD-001G. BEST offers the Space Application certification training after every regularly scheduled IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) Course
- Be able to reference the IPC J-STD-001 GS Space Application standard
- Be able to proficiently conduct Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) training
- Explain IPC terminology and definitions
- Earn an overall score of 80% or better on the IPC written examinations in order for certification.
- IPC certificate of completion