BGA Rework Services
Rework / Repair Services
Your BEST Source For High Quality Industry-Leading BGA Reworks/Repairs
Ball grid array (BGA) devices that are mass-produced are often in need of reworking for a number of reasons, including:
- Devices that have defects
- Solder joints that are either insufficient or excessive (most often occurring during the assembly process)
- Changes/alterations/upgrades to engineering parts
Damaged or missing BGA pads are another common issue at BGA sites. These pads are replaced following an IPC recommended procedure which uses specially fabricated adhesive-backed BGA pads that are bonded to the board surface. But before this procedure can get started, the lifted solder pads need to be repaired. The reason? Repair of damaged solder mask between BGA pads and connecting vias is a critical step to prevent solder from flowing down the vias during the BGA pad replacement process.
BGA Rework/Repair: The BEST Solution
When you have a design that requires changes or modifications at a BGA site, using a standard jumper wire is not normally a viable option. Jumper wires are simply too large to fit under a BGA component. A repair or modification employs the use of flat copper ribbon that is thin enough to fit safely under the BGA component. This BGA repair will allow you to save your design and avoid the costly expense of doing another board build.
BEST provides industry-leading solutions for BGA and other grid array device reworks. Our engineers have developed better processes to make BGA rework more repeatable, consistent and reliable. We have been reworking BGAs since their inception, and continue to stay on the cutting edge with the latest package styles and techniques.
When you partner with BEST, we leverage our extensive industry experience and commitment to quality and customer service to bring you several benefits you will not find elsewhere, including:
- The most advanced re-work equipment available on the market today – we always have the best tool for any job.
- IPC-Certified Technicians specially trained for BGA rework and x-ray verification assigned to EVERY job.
- Full transparency with a disc of appropriate x-ray images returned to you after the job is complete.
- Vast experience in reworking PoPs and other stacked packages (including the rework of daughter boards and stacked connectors) -- more on that here.
Your Full Service BGA Rework PartnerAt BEST, we are your 'one-stop' solution, offering a wide range of services that include:
- BGA component removal
- Site Prep
- X-ray or optical verification
- Circuit Design Changes
- BGA Pad Repair
- Trace Repair
- Mask Repair
- BGA Underfill
- BGA Rework and Technical Support Certification Classes