IPC 7711/IPC 7721 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) Course
IPC 7711/21, Rework, Modification, and Repair of Electronic Assemblies, is a widely used standard that offers a wealth of industry-approved techniques on through-hole and surface-mount technology (SMT) rework as well as land, conductor, and laminate repair. It covers procedural requirements, tools, materials, and methods for removing and replacing conformal coatings, surfact-mount, and through-hole components. The standard also includes procedures for repairing and modifying boards and assemblies.
Certification in this program gives you the skills you need to restore operation of expensive electronic assemblies, which can reduce the costs and waste associated with scrapping flawed boards and assemblies. The IPC 7711/21 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) course provides individuals with a portable credential that represents their understanding of the IPC 7711/21.
IPC 7711/7721 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) course is built on a train-the-trainer instructional model. Upon completion of the course, trainers will know the technical guidelines of IPC-7711/21 and have demonstrated the proficiency necessary to perform rework and repair at the expert level. IPC 7711/21 registered instructors are formally recognized and certified by IPC and given the instructional materials required to conduct the modularized operator-training program. Prospective students should have experience not only in rework and repair, but ideally in training as well.
Please note that this an advanced course that includes component rework and board level repair. Previous experience is recommended.
- Product classifications, skill levels, tools and materials
- Basic surface mount and through hole component removal
- Land preparation and component installation
- Primary heating methods: conductive, convective, etc.
- Handling electronic assemblies
- Wire splicing procedures
- Through hole component removal and installation
- Chip and MELF rework procedures
- SOIC/SOT, J-lead and QFP rework
- Printed wiring board circuit and laminate repair
- Conformal coating removal
- Identify the differences between target and acceptability quality for Class 3 products
- Demonstrate Through-Hole, J-Lead, Gull-Wing, Fine Pitch, and Chip Component rework and replacement proficiently
- Perform conformal coating removal, laminate repair, pad and trace repair, and place/mount modification wire
- Proficiently conduct IPC 7711 & 7721 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) courses
- Earn a score of 80% or better on BOTH the open and closed book IPC written examinations in order for certification
- IPC 7711/21 Rework, Modification, and Repair of Electronic Assemblies standard
- CD-Rom with visual aids for conducting CIS courses and an electronic instructor guide with lesson plans and reference material
- IPC certificate of completion
After an individual has been certified as an instructor, the instructor's training site will require additional material not included with the training:
- soldering stations, training boards and components
- computer and projector to show the training curriculum
- IPC 7711/21standard for each student to reference during testing
- computer with online access for each student to take his/her exams
- exams that will need to be purchased through IPC