IPC J-STD-001 GS Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) Course
IPC J-STD-001, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, has emerged as the preeminent authority for electronics assembly manufacturing worldwide. The standard describes materials, methods, and verification criteria for producing high-quality soldered leaded and lead-free interconnections. It emphasizes process control and establishes industry-consensus requirements for a broad range of electrical connections.
The training focuses on the knowledge and hand skills that employees need to produce high-quality soldered interconnections. Certification helps enhance individual skills and performance. The IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) Course provides individuals with a portable credential that recognizes their soldering skills and understanding of this internationally recognized standard.
IPC J-STD-001 Revision G Space Addendum training combines the Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies along with various elements to meet the standards required of NASA suppliers. Suppliers to NASA are required to have workers trained and certified to this IPC J-STD-001 GS course for Specialist (CIS) level training.
The IPC J-STD-001 GS Course can be added as an optional Module 6 to the IPC J-STD-001 Training & Certification Program. It provides additional requirements over those published in IPC J-STD-001G to ensure the reliability of soldered electrical and electronic assemblies that must survive the vibration and thermal cyclic environments experienced while traveling and operating in space.
* All attendees must be certified to the IPC J-STD-001 (at least to Revision G). CIS attendees must be certified in Module 1 and at least one other module before attending the IPC J-STD-001 GS.
- Demonstrate lab soldering that meets the minimum requirements of the IPC J-STD-001 GS
- Be able to reference the IPC J-STD-001 GS Space Addendum
- Earn an overall score of 70% or better on the IPC written examinations in order for certification.
- IPC certificate of completion