IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) Course
The IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, is the most widely used specification published by IPC for the electronics manufacturing industry. This publication is a visual document that provides comprehensive accept/reject criteria for handling of electronic assemblies, mechanical assemblies, component installation, location, orientation, soldering, cleanliness of assemblies, marking of assemblies, coatings, laminate conditions, discrete wiring assembly and surface mount assemblies. This IPC A-610 certification class is designed for instructors who then teach associates in the standard and the materials in the standard once the standards for IPC certification have been met.
Certification in this IPC 610 training course demonstrates your commitment to continuous improvement of the product quality and reliability. The IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) course provides individuals with a portable credential that represents their understanding of the IPC-A-610 training program and how to teach the same.
This class does NOT include any hand soldering instruction. However, this course does include hands-on component inspection training related to the inspection of wires and terminals, as well as printed circuit boards.
Please see the "Assembly Courses" for hands-on training.
The IPC-A-610 certification course for IPC trainers (CITs) course is an intensive page-by-page review of the IPC-A-610 document and a review of basic instructor skills. Upon completion of this IPC 610 training course, the trainer will be able to correctly determine "accept/reject" criteria for Class 1, 2, and 3 products based on the acceptability requirements of the IPC-A-610. Instructor candidates who successfully complete the written examinations are certified as instructors by IPC and given the instructional materials required to conduct the IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) course.
Accept/Reject Criteria for the following:
- Handling of electronic assemblies
- Mechanical assembly
- Component installation
- Location and orientation
- Cleanliness of assemblies
- Marking of assemblies
- Laminate conditions
- Discrete wiring assemblies
- SMT assemblies
- Interpret the difference between Class 1, 2, and 3 products
- Be able to reference the IPC-A-610 standard to make accept/reject decisions
- Be able to proficiently conduct Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) training
- Explain IPC terminology and definitions
- Earn a score of 80% or better on BOTH the open and closed book IPC examinations in order for certification.
- IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies standard
- CD-Rom with visual aids for conducting CIS courses and an electronic instructor guide with lesson plans and reference material
- T-50 Terms and Definitions Handbook
- IPC certificate of completion
After an individual has been certified as an instructor, the instructor's training site will require additional material:
- computer and projector to show the training curriculum
- a copy of the IPC-A-610 standard for each student to reference during testing
- a computer with online access for each student to take his/her exams (exams will need to be purchased through IPC)