IPC-A-6012 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
IPC-A-6012, “Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards” is the newest IPC standard for the fabrication of printed circuit boards. This is a comprehensive program that will develop your understanding of design, specifications, fabrication and inspection of printed circuit boards (PCBs). The IPC-6012 “Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards”, specification establishes and defines the qualification and performance requirements for the fabrication of rigid printed boards.
This 4-day, lectured course is a comprehensive, operator-level certification that teaches the requirements for design, fabrication and inspection of rigid printed boards. Based heavily on IPC-6012 with supporting documentation from IPC-A-600 “The Acceptability of Printed Circuit Boards”, this certification is a great asset for designers, manufacturing and quality engineers, purchasing agents, managers and supervisors, fabricators, board shop auditors and anyone recommending, inspecting, or specifying printed circuit boards.
- Printed boards are evaluated and thermally stressed based on inspection attributes, performance class and size of production lot.
- Provides default performance requirements for printed boards.
- Provides requirements for final finishes and coatings (e.g., ENIG, OSP, HASL, ENEPIG).
- Guides QA managers on what to do when defects are observed.
- Provides guidance on thermal stressing printed boards and evaluating structural integrity.
- Requirements for the material.
- Requirements for sample inspection.
- Have the ability to identify acceptavle/non-conforming conditions for surface imperfection, subsurface imperfections, imperfections in the conductive circuitry, hole characteristics, solder resist imperfections, marking anomalies, and dimensional characteristics
- Be able to reference the IPC-A-6012
- Earn overall score of 70% or better on the IPC examinations in order for certification
- IPC-A-6012 specification
- IPC certificate of completion